MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just been made a moderator from a newly established mybb forum but i dont know how to use its capabilities.
E.g.
Create Stickies and Announcements for new posts and change existing posts to stickies and/or announcements.

Is there a mod control panel like in phpbb or ipb?

Any help greatly appreciated!
At the bottom of the thread you have "Moderation Options:" with a drop down menu.

To use "Inline Post Moderation:" check any checkboxes and select the action you want them to do
Exactly where SHOULD this drop down box be?
under the quick reply
Have a look at that attachment.

Am i missing the menu?
I've highlighted the menu in the screenshot. Check that you are actually a moderator of the forum (does it say "Moderated By: YourUsername" on the thread list, are you listed on the Forum Team page)
I'm listed under Moderators in the Forum Team page.
But no forums say "Moderated By: BladeMetal".
So the admin will have to choose the forums he wants me to moderate in and then change my permissions?
BladeMetal Wrote:I'm listed under Moderators in the Forum Team page.
But no forums say "Moderated By: BladeMetal".
So the admin will have to choose the forums he wants me to moderate in and then change my permissions?

No, he has to asign you to a forum as a moderator.
Your administrator has to go into Admin CP --> Manage Forums --> *click on the name of the forum* --> Add moderator

If he wants you to be a moderator of all forums, he should set your usergroup to "Super Moderator" instead.