MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where're the attachments stored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the attachments that users can publish when they post a message stored in the database?

Visitors who are not enrolled in the forum can have access at the attachments?

Thanks
They're stored in ./uploads/

If you go to yoursite.com/uploads/ it's just a blank page.
Hi,

To insure guests can't download attachments, please check the following:

Admin CP > Users & Groups Tab > Groups > Click on the "Guests" group link > Forums and Posts Tab > insure "Can download attachments?" is unticked.

Regards,
Chris.
If a user accesses directly into the folder /upload, can he see the contents or there is some protection system? Huh

I think there is no protection system.

Merry Christmas!!!!
As I said above, if you go to yoursite.com/uploads, you just see a blank page. If you go to yoursite.com/uploads/200812/, '200812' being the folder for uploads made in December 2008, you'll see a list of uploads, and if you click it, you'll go to the attachment. If you create a file called 'index.html' in the folder created each month, you can make it redirect to the forum index if ou want.
(2008-12-24, 05:38 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]As I said above, if you go to yoursite.com/uploads, you just see a blank page. If you go to yoursite.com/uploads/200812/, '200812' being the folder for uploads made in December 2008, you'll see a list of uploads, and if you click it, you'll go to the attachment. If you create a file called 'index.html' in the folder created each month, you can make it redirect to the forum index if ou want.

I think this should actually be fixed, an index.html should automatically be created.

Attachments are stored as .attach files with renamed filenames, so any users browsing there would have a bit of time trying to figure out what to download, and how to open it.