MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 - New Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What i should change to not be that: http://allemuza.pl/przywitaj-sie-43.html but that as section http://allemuza.pl/przywitaj-sie/ and links to topics shows that :http://allemuza.pl/przywitaj-sie/2655-10-11-08-hello.html
Is this through a plugin, or through MyBB itself?

To change MyBB, you'll need to alter the .htaccess file, and also the bottom of .inc/init.php - but I don't really know whether it will work as I haven't tested changing it.
He's asked for that in several places already... including my and Spicefuse's SEO plugin thread.

The main problem about introducing such a directory structure into MyBB URLs is that MyBB uses a lot of relative links, which would stop working when introducing any kind of virtual directory structure with mod_rename/htaccess in a plugin.

I also told him that but it seems he's desparate. Wink
(2008-12-22, 08:59 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Is this through a plugin, or through MyBB itself?

To change MyBB, you'll need to alter the .htaccess file, and also the bottom of .inc/init.php - but I don't really know whether it will work as I haven't tested changing it.

init.php
/* URL Definitions */
if($mybb->settings['seourls'] == "yes" || ($mybb->settings['seourls'] == "auto" && $_SERVER['SEO_SUPPORT'] == 1))
{
	define('FORUM_URL', "forum-{fid}.html");
	define('FORUM_URL_PAGED', "forum-{fid}-page-{page}.html");
	define('THREAD_URL', "thread-{tid}.html");
	define('THREAD_URL_PAGED', "thread-{tid}-page-{page}.html");
	define('THREAD_URL_ACTION', 'thread-{tid}-{action}.html');
	define('THREAD_URL_POST', 'thread-{tid}-post-{pid}.html');
	define('POST_URL', "post-{pid}.html");
	define('PROFILE_URL', "user-{uid}.html");
	define('ANNOUNCEMENT_URL', "announcement-{aid}.html");
	define('CALENDAR_URL', "calendar-{calendar}.html");
	define('CALENDAR_URL_YEAR', 'calendar-{calendar}-year-{year}.html');
	define('CALENDAR_URL_MONTH', 'calendar-{calendar}-year-{year}-month-{month}.html');
	define('CALENDAR_URL_DAY', 'calendar-{calendar}-year-{year}-month-{month}-day-{day}.html');
	define('CALENDAR_URL_WEEK', 'calendar-{calendar}-week-{week}.html');
	define('EVENT_URL', "event-{eid}.html");
	define('INDEX_URL', "index.php");
}
else
{
	define('FORUM_URL', "forumdisplay.php?fid={fid}");
	define('FORUM_URL_PAGED', "forumdisplay.php?fid={fid}&page={page}");
	define('THREAD_URL', "showthread.php?tid={tid}");
	define('THREAD_URL_PAGED', "showthread.php?tid={tid}&page={page}");
	define('THREAD_URL_ACTION', 'showthread.php?tid={tid}&action={action}');
	define('THREAD_URL_POST', 'showthread.php?tid={tid}&pid={pid}');
	define('POST_URL', "showthread.php?pid={pid}");
	define('PROFILE_URL', "member.php?action=profile&uid={uid}");
	define('ANNOUNCEMENT_URL', "announcements.php?aid={aid}");
	define('CALENDAR_URL', "calendar.php?calendar={calendar}");
	define('CALENDAR_URL_YEAR', "calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar={calendar}&year={year}");
	define('CALENDAR_URL_MONTH', "calendar.php?calendar={calendar}&year={year}&month={month}");
	define('CALENDAR_URL_DAY', 'calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar={calendar}&year={year}&month={month}&day={day}');
	define('CALENDAR_URL_WEEK', 'calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar={calendar}&week={week}');
	define('EVENT_URL', "calendar.php?action=event&eid={eid}");
	define('INDEX_URL', "index.php");
}

.htaccess
RewriteRule ^index.html$ index.php [L,NE]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ showthread.php?tid=$2$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?tid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-u-([0-9]+).html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^members/(.*)-([0-9]+).html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)-f-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-([0-9]+)-([a-z]+)(-|-[a-z]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2&sortby=$3&order=$4&datecut=$5&page=$6$7 [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ announcements.php?aid=$2 [L]

what to change ?
I think it's a little beyond our scope in Support, you're best of asking this question in the Plugins & Code Modifications Section.

I'll move it for you so you don't need to make a new topic...
(2008-12-22, 09:53 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]The main problem about introducing such a directory structure into MyBB URLs is that MyBB uses a lot of relative links, which would stop working when introducing any kind of virtual directory structure with mod_rename/htaccess in a plugin.
A <base> tag would be a workaround Toungue Example
Thanks. I didn't know about <base>. You learn something new every day. Smile