MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: some one hacked my forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No, you can't ban someone higher than you, especially not an admin.
so what can i do?
1. i reupload the system.
2. i reupload the mybb_usergroups table
3. i upload now the english pack.

still dont work.
Ok, the user with uid1 is in the admin usergroup, no additional usergroups, the display usergroup is 4, and the admin usergroup has full permissions, everything that needs to be is set to 1. However they can't login to the ACP, and when they're on the forum, all they see is a no permissions page, on any page, but the usergroup permissions give them access to everything, and they're not in the banned or warnings table.

Anyone have any ideas??
(2008-12-23, 04:19 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, the user with uid1 is in the admin usergroup, no additional usergroups, the display usergroup is 4, and the admin usergroup has full permissions, everything that needs to be is set to 1. However they can't login to the ACP, and when they're on the forum, all they see is a no permissions page, on any page, but the usergroup permissions give them access to everything, and they're not in the banned or warnings table.

Anyone have any ideas??

someone please help me!
DO you have access to phpmyadmin through your host's control panel? If so fire that up and take a look.

Does your admin account have any warningpoints or failed login attempts?

I think that if you look through phpmyadmin, you'll be able to find whatever flag is locking you out.
I've already said that everything in the database is as it should be. They can login fine onto the forums, just everything gives a no permissions page.
(2008-12-23, 05:11 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I've already said that everything in the database is as it should be. They can login fine onto the forums, just everything gives a no permissions page.

Sorry, I see where you asked for his phpmyadmin info, but you didn't say that you received it, or logged in and looked around.

Beyond that, I'd just suggest re-uploading the files, and possibly changing themes.

Good luck
(2008-12-23, 05:21 PM)terrymason Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-23, 05:11 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I've already said that everything in the database is as it should be. They can login fine onto the forums, just everything gives a no permissions page.

Sorry, I see where you asked for his phpmyadmin info, but you didn't say that you received it, or logged in and looked around.

Beyond that, I'd just suggest re-uploading the files, and possibly changing themes.

Good luck

i gave him ftp account and database aswell..
i reupload all the forum files
and i reupload a new theme.
still dont work.
is your uid 1 and not something else?
No his UID is 1. As I've already said, everything in the database looks perfectly ok, which is why I'm confused.
Pages: 1 2 3