MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 3 Error Messages when I go to Forums from Admin Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the following messages when I try to go to the forums from the Admin Panel. Are these messages related to each other or is each one a separate problem. Also, I can get into the forums at all.

Parse error: parse error in /home/www/fountainvalleyskatingcenter/myBB/global.php on line 300

Warning: main(MYBB_ROOTinc/functions_post.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/fountainvalleyskatingcenter/myBB/index.php on line 20

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'MYBB_ROOTinc/functions_post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/fountainvalleyskatingcenter/myBB/index.php on line 20

Any help would be appreciated!
Line 300 is the board closed warning. Have you turned your forum off, or modified global.php in any way?
I checked and the board is not on the closed setting. The only files I modified were: db_mysql.php and db_mysqli.php where I added '' => 'none', on line 1190 for the first file and '' => 'none', on line 1231 for the second file. I did that to overcome an installation problem because I think i had a mysql version mismatch. After I added that to the files mentioned, the installation completed without a problem. Should I remove those now?

(2008-12-23, 01:26 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Line 300 is the board closed warning. Have you turned your forum off, or modified global.php in any way?
I don't think you should edit them to be honest... comment out a line, maybe, but not actually edit them...
Also, I just noticed that the little Javasript buttons that say: "Options" don't do anything. I am using Firefox, that should not matter, right?

(2008-12-23, 01:26 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Line 300 is the board closed warning. Have you turned your forum off, or modified global.php in any way?

so should I go back in and comment out the lines I added? Also, the error messages appear to have a path in them that I don't recognize.
/home/www/fountainvalleyskatingcenter/myBB/
it's the fountainvalleyskatingcenter (the er part at the end) that I don't actually have. My host contact told me that they have trouble with a long name like that so it is actually, fountainvalleyskatingcent (no er) at the end that is the actual path. Is there a file that I can modify to recognize the actual path?

(2008-12-23, 07:34 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should edit them to be honest... comment out a line, maybe, but not actually edit them...

The Fatal error message mentions that it failed to open MYBB_ROOT and that, I think is defined somewhere. I think in init.php. There is a comment there in init.php that says if you have problems, to remove the comment and add your root. I tried that but nothing changed.
Chris
Well, I think I am going to move the site to a shorter domain and forward the other domains into it. That should resolve the internal path problem of not matching up with the domain name. That seems to be the way the software is set up and noone provided a suggestion there is a way to change that although the code in init.php seemed to suggest there was but it didn't work.