MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To center the board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This question was asked. Sorry for asking again but could not find an answer. I have managed to make the board at 75% width and it stays left aligned. Which css part or template/theme must I changed to center the board but not the contents/texts. I will appreciate for help.
Merry Christmas!
Link?? I'm not sure what's meant when people say it's aligned to the left.
(2008-12-23, 07:39 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Link?? I'm not sure what's meant when people say it's aligned to the left.

That was quick, thanks.
I meant that since the board width is at 75%, all the 75% is shown on the left part of the screen, but I want the board to be centered. Thanks!
Again, link?? I'm not sure what it looks like when people say it's on the left.

Try going to ACP > Templates & Style > **choose your theme** > global.css > from the selector menu choose '#container' > make sure the 'Extra CSS Attributes' section has this:

border: 1px solid #e4e4e4;
margin: auto auto;
padding: 20px;
text-align: left;
on your place, i would've PMed Matt about where to put <center></center> tags around :p, and he would tell me exactly where they belong to......done

[i do realise that this is spam, sorry, couldn't resist]
Thank you MattR. The link is not that mush ready to show, sorry. I am mostly testing the board on local PC using XMPP. Have checked the code as you've asked me to, it was there and is okay on the location.

Now I see that, for some reasons, the default theme will not be centered. But when I choose the clean_cut_blue theme as default, it stays at center as expected. I like the default theme though.
Ah ok, can you printscreen how it shows then?? If it looks like this, it's as it should be:

[attachment=12131]
(2008-12-23, 09:59 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok, can you printscreen how it shows then?? If it looks like this, it's as it should be:

I think there is a difference.
I have appreciated the effort!