MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Font Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new at setting up forums, so sorry if this is a stupid question or I have posted in the wrong section.

I have a member who is a little hard of seeing and is complaining about the size of the font - mainly when typing his posts. Is there a way to change the font size so he can see what he is typing in a larger font? Or is there a theme that anyone can recommend that has a larger font size?

Thanks
If they have a mouse with a scroll wheel, tell them to hold Ctrl and scroll the scroll wheel, changing the text size in their browser. Off the top of my head, I don't think there is a way unless you give them their own theme with altered settings.
(2008-12-23, 11:40 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If they have a mouse with a scroll wheel, tell them to hold Ctrl and scroll the scroll wheel, changing the text size in their browser. Off the top of my head, I don't think there is a way unless you give them their own theme with altered settings.

Thanks for the advice. I will suggest it to the member.
If not, it is possible to edit a theme... if you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create new Theme > give it a name and hit the 'Create New Theme' button, you'll have a copy of the default theme. You can then go through the CSS and change all the text size values to something a bit bigger. Thing with that is, if you only want this person to have access to this theme, you'll have to create a new usergroup, restrict the theme to the new usergroup, and then add the user to the new group. To be honest it will be much easier for you if the user can increase the text size themselves... but if you do decide to create a new theme with bigger text and have any problems, let me know Smile
(2008-12-23, 11:50 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If not, it is possible to edit a theme... if you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create new Theme > give it a name and hit the 'Create New Theme' button, you'll have a copy of the default theme. You can then go through the CSS and change all the text size values to something a bit bigger. Thing with that is, if you only want this person to have access to this theme, you'll have to create a new usergroup, restrict the theme to the new usergroup, and then add the user to the new group. To be honest it will be much easier for you if the user can increase the text size themselves... but if you do decide to create a new theme with bigger text and have any problems, let me know Smile

Thank you. You have been very helpful.
in the global CSS change the smalltext and largetext size.