MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread does not exist! [error]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having this problem when my moderators try to post threads. It will let them post what they want but when it redirects them to the thread after its posted they get an error message -

[Image: d0df2c432c.bmp]
[Image: ea0f85a5f7.bmp]

The message keeps saying "The specified thread does not exist."

I have set the permissions to almost admin permissions and they still cant start new threads! Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Ooh a new problem for a change Toungue

If you go to ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose usergroup** > Edit Permissions/Set Permissions > Check things here > if you change anything here make sure the 'Use custom permissions below' is selected.

And is it only mods??
(2008-12-24, 10:56 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh a new problem for a change Toungue

If you go to ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose usergroup** > Edit Permissions/Set Permissions > Check things here > if you change anything here make sure the 'Use custom permissions below' is selected.

And is it only mods??

Okay I did what you said and still same problem. Also not only the mod but registered members are having the problem to. I check all the permissions for all groups and everything is set as should be but I cant seem to fix the problem.
Do you have the MyBB search engine friendly URLs on, or any other SEO or URL plugin??
(2008-12-24, 03:22 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the MyBB search engine friendly URLs on, or any other SEO or URL plugin??

No the only plugins I have are the arcade and shoutbox.
And the MyBB SEO URLs are off??

Would you be able to give us a link to your forum and a test account??
(2008-12-24, 03:34 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]And the MyBB SEO URLs are off??

Would you be able to give us a link to your forum and a test account??

Sure!
Ok, when you post, and it says it doesn't exist, the URL is /showthread.php?tid= - there's no value for 'tid', i.e. /showthread.php?tid=1

Can you re-upload showthread.php??
Ok I can do that, and thanks for checking it out! I will post back here with results when finished!
I uploaded it but I'm still not sure if it fixed the problem!
Have you modified anything, any templates??

Deactivate the plugins and see if something is interfering...
Pages: 1 2