MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Today my host changed to a new location but I hope it doesn't crash next time.

You found any of my work @ the new location:
MyBB Convertors

Please post only there support requests or problems - I unsubscribe now any convertor related topics here on the board.

Greetings
ok when i run the import_phpbb2.php and supply the path to my config file i get the following error:

mySQL error: 

Query: 
nm i supplied the mybb root directory and not the phbb2, gosh i am so tired, idiot (napolion dynomite) Just saw that tonight. HAHA
ok when i try to convert the users from phpbb to mybb i get the following error:

Code:
Importing 143 users �

mySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'fid3' in 'field list'
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_userfields (ufid, fid1, fid2, fid3, fid4, fid5) VALUES ('2', 'JAX', '', '', '', '');
ok nevermind just a easy fix. Just inserted the new fid3 into the mybb_userfields table. Sorry for post whoring lol
now if i could just get the thumbnail feature to display the full attachments. The display options for the thumbnail view does not work in ACP
Try it with an blank new installed mybb 1.1.1

I also bold out some things in url post ... for users who don't realy read some things.
The conversion worked PERFECTLY! Thank you so much toertchn, you have allowed me to finally leave phpBB for a much superior product!

One thing I noted though is that the avatars don't seem to work. This is a minor issue and not something you should consider a "complaint." I just thought you should know.

Again, than you VERY much! Big Grin
toertchn Wrote:Try it with an blank new installed mybb 1.1.1

I also bold out some things in url post ... for users who don't realy read some things.

I am using version 1.1.1. Besides I already made the conversion. Isnt there just a switch in the database where i can change this?

Oh and by the way as soon as I get this small error resolved you will get your paypal of $5 because like Galden I am free from PHPBB and I am very pleased, Thank You.
hmm did a search and found my error I think.

When you import the attachments over from PHPBB even though it is smaller than the size you requested in ACP it makes it a thumbnail.

Like the max image dimension that I will allow is 640 x 480 and maybe some of the pictures i imported from PHPBB are bigger. When i went to go and try to make a dummy post with an attachment that was smaller than 640 x 480 it posted the full size. So I think it was just a matter of importing the images.

Ok just one more question and I will be out of you hair. I had images that were from Photo Bucket that cannot be displayed anymore. Can I get more information on why they wont show up in posts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17