MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Did you even read what xiaozhu said?
xiaozhu Wrote:
LoRd_SnOw Wrote:Converter link appears to be not working.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=8681 Wink

Thanks 'xaozhu' greatly appreciated Smile
I have a problem with the converter. After the conversion i can't access the Admin CP. The forums were phpbb 2.1.19 and mybb 1.1.7
What can i do to get this thing working?
Be a bit more specific please.
I have a phpbb 2.1.19 forum and I wanted to switch to mybb. I installed mybb 1.1.7, then I placed import_phpbb2 files in mybb and I run import_phpbb2.php. Everything was fine except for some special language characters. I've logon with an admin account and then I tried to access Admin CP - didn't work (You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in. Please login below.). I tried to login, I even tried other admin accounts but nothing worked.
I checked in phpmyadmin and on mybb_users i have only the members imported from phpbb starting with uid 2. On mybb_adminoptions all options are set to 'yes' for the following uid's: -1, 2, 3, 4. I chanced in mybb my first user from uid 2 to uid 1 and on mybb_adminoptions I chanced uid -1 with 1. Still, no good, I can't login on ACP. I also tried zaher's Recover Lost Admin Mod but I still can't login...
black ice Wrote:I chanced in mybb my first user from uid 2 to uid 1 and on mybb_adminoptions I chanced uid -1 with 1. Still, no good, I can't login on ACP. I also tried zaher's Recover Lost Admin Mod but I still can't login...
Try changing the usergroup to 4. 4 -> Administrator, that gives you the ability to login Admin CP.
Yep, on usergroup in mybb_users 4 it is. I forgot to say this in the previous post. The only problem is that i cannot acces the ACP. After I login I have admin rights, the color is green, the usergroup is admin, but I can't access ACP. Weird...
In phpMyAdmin goto mybb_usergroups
Browse to where gid = 4.

Scroll across until you come across the column "cancp".

Ensure it is set to yes, and any non-administrator usergroups are set to no.
In mine, gid 4 (admins) are the fourth column. Here is an image of what to look for.

[attachment=3867]
Thanks, but everything's ok there.
Could it be some wierd incompatibility between phpbb, the converter, and mybb 1.1.7 (the converter was wrote for mybb 1.1.1) ? And in this case from were can I get mybb 1.1.1?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17