MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
VERY ODD!

the $table_prefix is as it should be (phpbb_), so i tried your other fix

The phpbb forum sits at http://leelad.net/forum. I have tried setting the path as that and as "/forum" and "/public_html/forum" and still got the error.

What else can be causing the problem?
Hey guys,
great job with this convertion script, but i have a problem. After converting from phpBB to myBB i can't login to my Admin CP with an account that in phpBB had amdinistrative rights. When i login to the forum it shows me as an administrator, but when i click in the admin Cp link, then it says i must login again and when i do it it gives me again the login form in any frame...

Any Ideas??

Thanks
You gotta log in 2 times to get into AdminCP. If you click on AdminCP you gotta log in again. Security feature.
mod4week Wrote:when i click in the admin Cp link, then it says i must login again and when i do it it gives me again the login form in any frame...
Delete your cookies and the cache of your browser. Wink
Michael83 Wrote:
mod4week Wrote:when i click in the admin Cp link, then it says i must login again and when i do it it gives me again the login form in any frame...
Delete your cookies and the cache of your browser. Wink

Thank you very very much!!
you are absolutely right!
that worked just fine
thanks again!!
Now I have a different problem.
I am greek and my phpBB forum has both english and greek letters.
When i convert it to myBB the greek letters don't show up and i see questionmarks an other symbols.
Any help?
Should i change the encodign of the mybb database before converting?
mod4week Wrote:Now I have a different problem.
I am greek and my phpBB forum has both english and greek letters.
When i convert it to myBB the greek letters don't show up and i see questionmarks an other symbols.
Any help?
Should i change the encodign of the mybb database before converting?

I think you imported your phpBB data from another database into the new database. Make sure it uses the same encoding and check your tables for posttext before convert. Afaik i had many problems to import all the es, fr & it mixes into the new database.
toertchn Wrote:I think you imported your phpBB data from another database into the new database. Make sure it uses the same encoding and check your tables for posttext before convert. Afaik i had many problems to import all the es, fr & it mixes into the new database.

yes i imported the phpbb data from another database, but why when i install the mybb it uses swedish collation??

ehat do you mean by posttext??
mod4week Wrote:yes i imported the phpbb data from another database, but why when i install the mybb it uses swedish collation??

ehat do you mean by posttext??

phpbb_posts_text or phpbb_topics there you can browse with phpMyAdmin. If it shows correct there then you also can convert the tables.

phpMyAdmin export sql files as UTF-8. But on older mysql versions it's a big problem to import them. I had some problems to import the data. finally i copy and paste it splittet into the sql field in myAdmin.
hmm
i had almost the same problem in the phpbb database. At first the greek letters were saved in the database as a series of numbers with a '&' in front, but i managed to change the encodings etc. and after they were saved as greek letters. But now i see again that they are stored as strange symbols...
i guess that is the problem ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17