MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Alright, my turn to post a question.

1. Will I lose all/any of my members or topics or posts?
2. I have the Cash Mod, lottery mod, shops mod and loads of other unsupported Mods installed for phpBB, would the conversion process fail/go wrong because of it?
Marc O' Connor Wrote:1. Will I lose all/any of my members or topics or posts?
2. I have the Cash Mod, lottery mod, shops mod and loads of other unsupported Mods installed for phpBB, would the conversion process fail/go wrong because of it?

Your phpBB data in database won't change in any way by the convertor.

1. If any mod you installed don't changed the default tables in any greate way (eg. remove the topic_ids Smile ) you should have no problems to convert. Nearly all data will be imported.
2. You lost the data of unsupported mods. I only included some which are default features of myBB.
Thanks A Bunch.
My newly converted forum = http://gamesrule.mihopa.com/forums Smile
Well I have a problem, I just ran this phpbb conversion for my boards but it keeps coming up with these errors

Notice: Undefined index: debug in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_core.php on line 64

Notice: Undefined variable: smilies in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 119

Notice: Undefined variable: badwords in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined index: forums in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 66

Notice: Undefined variable: forums in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 260

Notice: Undefined variable: mods in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 240

Notice: Undefined variable: forums in C:\Documents and Settings\DAN\Desktop\Upload\inc\class_datacache.php on line 260

What does all this mean?
okay while installing i got errors, but now the covnersion is complete I cannot seem to see my forums. it converted my members, threads & posts, and forums but the forums arent appearin!!! Whats going on? Did I do something wrong?

I have a few PHPBB2 mods.. and there was a big SQL error at the end of forum conversion about my shop mods cant remember exactly what it was...

Here's what I did

1. Backed up my phpbb2 database

2. Did a fresh install of MYBB on the server

3. Then start conversion from phpbb2 to mybb (and it did have errors)

4. Says it's done . Then when i login as admin , there are no forums though, but I can see my new registered member... and it says there is posts there, but there is no forums. What the?
Try to recreate all the cache things in Admin. The link is nearly @ the end of the left menu.
that didnt work either.Sad
Take a look at the database with phpmyadmin and check if the forums table is filled. Is it the update cache for forums should work in Admin.

The update cache function checks if the folder inc/cache is writeable and should trigger an error by default. Is your folder writeable?
yes it is enabled.
Notice: Undefined index: debug in G:\mybb_pr2\dans\inc\class_core.php on line 64

Warning: main(h:\phpBB2/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in G:\mybb_pr2\dans\phpbb2import.php on line 59

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'h:\phpBB2/config.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in G:\mybb_pr2\dans\phpbb2import.php on line 59
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17