MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't log in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-12-25, 09:36 PM)Snowball Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to navigate the admincp each time a I click a link I have to re-enter my name and password before I can proceed.

Then that indicates a cookie issue again. Try and add .www to the start of the domain, and also double check your browser settings.
(2008-12-25, 09:40 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Can you access the admin panel?
Sort of, I can get to static pages, but some of the AJAX doesnt work, and I cant submit any changes (I'm prompted to log in again when I try to submit)
(2008-12-25, 09:42 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Then that indicates a cookie issue again. Try and add .www to the start of the domain,
I already had that! and it was no better (see the start of this thread Wink )

(2008-12-25, 09:42 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]and also double check your browser settings.
I have done so, they are fine, nothing has changed since I was able to log on fine just an hour ago.
Well, if you can't stay logged in, it's either a cookie setting, ./inc/settings.php not being CHMOD to 666, or a browser misconfiguration, not once have I seen it to be anything else. There must be something misconfigured somewhere, but I can't test anything out as you're not providing a test account.
(2008-12-25, 09:48 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you can't stay logged in, it's either a cookie setting, ./inc/settings.php not being CHMOD to 666, or a browser misconfiguration, not once have I seen it to be anything else. There must be something misconfigured somewhere, but I can't test anything out as you're not providing a test account.
I will provide one as soon as I can get admincp functioning.

I agree the problem is almost definitely cookies, however I suspect it is a bug (perhaps in the merge system rather than MyBB itself) rather than a misconfiguration.
Can you check the database and see if the database looks fine to you, make sure it hasn't done anything it shouldn't.
I guess we'll have to wait for Ryan to comment on whether that might be the cause, he should drop in here at some point.

Is there a difference between people who registered whilst the board was on phpBB, and people who registered with MyBB??
(2008-12-25, 09:56 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check the database and see if the database looks fine to you, make sure it hasn't done anything it shouldn't.

Well it looks OK to me... but then I dont really know what a MyBB database table should look like...

I should emphasise that the forum usually works fine, the problems seem quite random.
(2008-12-25, 09:56 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a difference between people who registered whilst the board was on phpBB, and people who registered with MyBB??
The vast majority of my users were registered before we switched, so though I've had no reports from the MyBB registrants, there are so few of them that I wouldnt expect to even if they were having problems.
So I'd be kinda right in saying there seems to be a problem mainly with phpBB users, yeah?? You do have the login convert merge plugin active, don't you??
(2008-12-25, 10:05 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]So I'd be kinda right in saying there seems to be a problem mainly with phpBB users, yeah?? You do have the login convert merge plugin active, don't you??

Yes, it's active. And it is so far exclusively with PHPBB users, but then that's 99% of our users so it doesn't really prove anything...
Well, if you'd be able to ask some of the MyBB users if they have any problems, we could see if it is all users, or just phpBB ones.
Pages: 1 2 3