MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: edit button not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my post pages my "Edit" button does not work and just to help down in the bottom left hand corner of the browers it says there is an "Error" on the page with a yellow Triangle and an exclamation mark.

The forum is at - <snip> - if you click on this page you will see the error.

I am using the latest version of MyBB which is 1.4.4 and I installed this from scratch so no upgrades.

Test user account is "administrator" with password test123

I have tried to uninstall all theplugins I have and the error still ocurred.

Please help, thankyou.
1st thing, the content of the forum in the link you gave isn't appropriate and will be removed once the issue is solved.

It's probably a problem with some of your template changes. The 'Login' link is meant to open in the welcomeblock, whereas with you it opens in a new page. No javascript or ajax work. Try and reupload your ./jscripts/ fodler and it's contents, and if not, delete the stuff you've added as it's interfering.
Thank you for your help here - I am not aware of any template changes I made, in fact I don't think I made any. When you say delete the stuff I have added, I have only added plugins and just change the picture that is shown at the top - so not sure what to delete, please help more.

Also, I respect your views re link to inappropriate content - sorry
What is the Javascript error you're getting? Try double-clicking the yellow triangle.
(2009-01-06, 06:11 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]What is the Javascript error you're getting? Try double-clicking the yellow triangle.

Hi These are the messages I am getting:

[Image: mybb-image.jpg]

[Image: mybb-image-1.jpg]

[Image: mybb-image-2.jpg]

I have edited out the URL, as per your previous comment and thoughts.

By the way - how do you get the text, image and link insert tools for posts like this has please, as my site does not have this.
Is your headerinclude template same as original? It seems like you are missing some Javascript things in the headerinclude.

Make sure you have these codes in the template:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var cookieDomain = "{$mybb->settings['cookiedomain']}";
	var cookiePath = "{$mybb->settings['cookiepath']}";
	var cookiePrefix = "{$mybb->settings['cookieprefix']}";
	var deleteevent_confirm = "{$lang->deleteevent_confirm}";
	var removeattach_confirm = "{$lang->removeattach_confirm}";
	var loading_text = '{$lang->ajax_loading}';
	var saving_changes = '{$lang->saving_changes}';
	var use_xmlhttprequest = "{$mybb->settings['use_xmlhttprequest']}";
	var my_post_key = "{$mybb->post_code}";
	var imagepath = "{$theme['imgdir']}";
// -->
</script>
Hi - I copied and pasted the above into my mybb_theme.xml file and the error is still there. I also visited the cache and did a cache re-build for each section.

Also, please can you tell me how to get the font tool with the insert tool for url and images etc.
xml file?? Just make sure the template has that code, no need to do anything with any files.... and what do you mean by 'font tool'?? Confused
(2009-01-14, 10:18 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]xml file?? Just make sure the template has that code, no need to do anything with any files.... and what do you mean by 'font tool'?? Confused

I cannot find the template called "Headerinclude" - is that the exact description please.

Also re font tool - this is the section I mean:

[Image: mybb-font-tool.jpg]
It's in the Ungrouped Template set.

Ok, and what exactly can't you do with it...??
Pages: 1 2