MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabling signatures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I go about disabling signatures? I set the signature length to 0 characters but that doesn't seem to work...
It'll require a lot of template edits to remove it completely. The most important ones would probably be...

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Postbit Templates > in postbit and postbit_classic > find and remove:

{$post['signature']}

In ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_nav_profile > find and remove:

<div><a href="usercp.php?action=editsig" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editsig">{$lang->ucp_nav_edit_sig}</a></div>

In ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="showsigs" id="showsigs" value="1" {$showsigscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="showsigs">{$lang->show_sigs}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Then if you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Search/Replace > and in the 'Search For' box, type 'sig', go through and remove everything that shows a sig or a settings to do with it.
OK thanks, might turn this into a plugin.
That'd be a good idea Smile

Now I'm waiting for someone to tell me there's actually an on/off option somewhere RolleyesToungue