MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eval() errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://noodles.bluemutiny.com

'nuff said, really.

From what I've researched, it's something gone wrong on the host's side and since it's affected all forums I have with the same host at the same time I assume that's true.

E-mailed host management but they can't see how it's their fault so is there any hint I can give them as to why this has happened?

... Merry Christmas Toungue
There are 2 main eval errors:
1) Function disallowed - this is because your host disabled this function
2) Syntax error found in eval block - usually occur because your templates have malformed variables, like if you do {$var and forget to close the brace.

If you post the exact error, we can probably diagnose it more precisely.
The exact errors occur when you click the link (there are a lot, didn't want to copy and paste). They are over several forums, including one that hasn't actually had any template modifications so I don't think it's a problem with those.

Re-uploading did nothing unfortunately.
Hey, can't help you further until you provide the errors, or provide a link to these errors. I can't read your mind.
... there's a link at the top of my first post?
More specifically then, http://noodles.bluemutiny.com/forum/

Just an FYI, it's always easier to give the direct link to the actual forum or page with the error, as some people have very discrete links to the forum from the link they provide us.
Can you post the contents of your "header_welcomeblock_guest" template just as an example.
Aff, sorry - I thought I had the forum bit at the end. My apologies!

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
Do you have any plugins or modifications installed? Maybe template conditionals or something?
Quote:As far as I know, eval() is not something that can even be disabled. I tested
to ensure it works:

http://noodles.bluemutiny.com/forum/lwtest.php

That's the eval() demo out of the PHP manual, and it works as defined.
The errors are not with eval, they are just present in the eval'ed code. The
actual error is "syntax error, unexpected T_STRING" (and others). This
indicates that included content may not be escaped or quoted correctly.
Typically register_globals affects this, but disabling register_globals
doesn't seem to affect anything. It can also indicate a typographical error in
the code which may prove incredibly difficult to find. A missing ; at the end
of a line, a missing & before a variable, it could be anywhere if it's that.

There may be other configuration settings that need to be adjusted. We don't
change anything without consent, but it's possible one of your other requests
has overlapped here and unset something that MyBB needs to operate. Do you
have a system requirements list for MyBB? I'd like to run down that list and
ensure your server meets the requirements.

That's from my host management.

Is there such a list I can send to them?
Pages: 1 2