MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language settings problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever a user sets another language such as Spanish as default, it shows the following friendly redirect in Spanish and everything returns back to English. Sad
I'm assuming this is being changed in the User CP?
Does it still show English after a hard refresh, Ctrl+F5??
Maybe cookies?
Well, the link in the sig doesn't even load for me so I can't check... but that might be a cause, never really looked into how that info is stored. I mean I know there's a language column in the users table but the browser may save something too...
I pretty sure that the language is stored in a cookie. First it passes the variable via "GET" (in the URL) and then generates a cookie from the selection and stores it, that's why the friendly redirection is in spanish and then english comes again.
(2008-12-25, 01:01 PM)Shadow Player Wrote: [ -> ]I pretty sure that the language is stored in a cookie. First it passes the variable via "GET" (in the URL) and then generates a cookie from the selection and stores it, that's why the friendly redirection is in spanish and then english comes again.

Only for guests. For logged-in users, it will change the language setting of the user.
Ok. It doesn't work for my Admin user in user CP. But I created a dummy user under Registered. It does work for Registered users. but not for admins.