MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Version Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version Check isn't working:

[attachment=12148]

This is a continuing problem. I have been trying this for nearly an hour.

EDIT:This is happening to all of my forums
It happens sometimes to me sometimes too. Try a little while later.
Its not the software, its the server.
It can't handle external scripts.

In other words, its your host.
Yeah I'm quite sure this is a server issue. If my logic is correct it works in a similar way to how the announcements from the MyBB forums are shown in the ACP, it connects to something here, but if your host is blocking it, it won't work.
so my host is blocking it? ok than. Thank you guys Wink
The version check is not supported on all hosts, because some hosts disable grabbing contents of remote files. We recommend all MyBB admins to subscribe to the Mailing List on www.mybboard.net from which you will get an email on releases and other major announcements.
This is happening to me also. But I've check the updates many times on my current server. Is there some way that other thing is causing it?
(2008-12-27, 09:43 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The version check is not supported on all hosts, because some hosts disable grabbing contents of remote files. We recommend all MyBB admins to subscribe to the Mailing List on www.mybboard.net from which you will get an email on releases and other major announcements.

just do what he said...
(2008-12-27, 07:45 PM)robletv Wrote: [ -> ]This is happening to me also. But I've check the updates many times on my current server. Is there some way that other thing is causing it?

If it has never worked, then it's probably a host issue.
If it has worked for a long time, then suddenly stopped to work permanently, then it's also probably a host issue.
If it is working intermittently, it could be the connection between the host and the MyBB server.