MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE log in problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
some users are saying they cant log in using IE. I use firefox and the forum works perfectly with that.

I tried logging in using my own IE and the forum wont let you log in, it says " thank you for logging in you are being taken back to where you came from" then when it takes you back to the forum index, you still arent logged in. Ive turned the privacy down to accept all cookies, and the cookie path is correct, and like i said, in firefox it works perfectly.

Any idea's what this could be (other than the obviose that IE is rubbish) people still use it though so i have to accomodate.

regards

tyke
Have you read MattR's topic on this?

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
yes ive read it, but it doesnt seem related because in firefox it all works perfectly. seems to be a problem with users who have IE only.

regards

tyke
Chances are then they've mis-configured their browser's cookie settings.
Can you get the cookie name they are using please.

Thanks, John.
Ive fixed it, after reading your sticky again, and although everything was working in firefox, the only thing that wasnt the same as the fix solution was the permissions on the inc/settings php, mine was set to 664. Now ive set it to 666, and even with IE cookie permissions set to block cookies unless they have a compact privacy policy, it still works fine now with IE.

Firefox must be a little more forgiving than IE

thanks

Tyke
I've always wondered how some people's ./inc/settings.php isn't set to 666, as it needs to be 666 to install and there's no reason anyone would change it... Undecided
On the wiki it says 777, which is recommended? I know 666 is less permission that 777, could 777 be a security risk then?
If you set it to 777 it will still work, but there's no real need for it. I don't know if there are any risks really.
The problem mentioned above, after being fixed yesterday has started up again, but only on IE, nothing has been altered on either the files or the browser. In fact ive even turned the privacy down to accept all cookies and still you cant log in using IE. Again though, on firefox it works perfectly. Undecided

regards

tyke
Pages: 1 2