MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] PM space bar missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, seems like the PM space bar is missing for MyBB 1.4.

I'll copy here some info form where I asked for support.

I just took a look to private.php and found this:

if($mybb->usergroup['pmquota'] != 0  && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != 1)

cancp? what's up with this? I checked 1.2 private.php and it's

if($mybb->usergroup['pmquota'] > 0)

Is this intended for 1.4?

I removed the "&& $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != 1" part and now I can see the pm space bar.................

Huh
cancp = administrators. Administrators are exempt from that.
But... what if we have pm limits for administrators as well?... (wich is my case)

with that change are you now assuming that admins doesn't have pm limits?

also... why in this community board I can't see the pm space bar if I'm not an admin?
(2008-12-26, 12:59 AM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]also... why in this community board I can't see the pm space bar if I'm not an admin?

As I said in the support thread, we must have unlimited PM space here, so there'd be no use for a bar.
(2008-12-26, 01:02 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-26, 12:59 AM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]also... why in this community board I can't see the pm space bar if I'm not an admin?

As I said in the support thread, we must have unlimited PM space here, so there'd be no use for a bar.

Jeje ok ok. Now, my second question:

(2008-12-26, 12:59 AM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]But... what if we have pm limits for administrators as well?... (wich is my case)
(2008-12-26, 12:59 AM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]But... what if we have pm limits for administrators as well?... (wich is my case)

Then you can change your copy back to the 1.2 code and make a suggestion in the suggestions forum
In verify_recipient in the PM datahandler, admins are exempt from PM limits, even if they are set in the group (it is ignored essentially for admin usergroups).

// Check to see if the user has reached their private message quota - if they have, email them.
                        if($recipient_permissions['pmquota'] != "0" && $user['totalpms'] >= $recipient_permissions['pmquota'] && $recipient_permissions['cancp'] != 1 && $sender_permissions['cancp'] != 1 && !$pm['saveasdraft'] && !$this->admin_override)