MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Numerous parse errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a forum recently setup at http://uwccf.ca/forum/. It was working fine, but suddenly, it broke and any attempt to pull it up results in numerous parse errors:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(330) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(431) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(432) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(486) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/global.php(495) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/index.php(41) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/index.php(175) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/index.php(274) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/index.php(286) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions_forumlist.php(215) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions_forumlist.php(314) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions_forumlist.php(314) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions_forumlist.php(314) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/index.php(349) : eval()'d code on line 4

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php(2825) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/uwccf/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php(2826) : eval()'d code on line 3

I looked into the first one, erroring out at line 330 of global.php:

eval("\$welcomeblock = \"".$templates->get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";");

I queried the database for our header_welcomeblock_guest in the templates table, and found two records, containing very similar code (one line difference):
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
I'm not too familiar with the codebase, database schema or the general organization of mybb yet. So does it look like there's something wrong with this? As far as I'm know, everything should be rather stock out of the download zip file.

Or is it more likely that something might have broken on the host? Any thoughts are appreciated!
did you install anything or something?
Hi Proper, I don't think we've installed or changed anything (at least according to the other people I'm collaborating with in launching this forum). This is what was strange. I had been using the forum, and then one of my peers messaged me saying that it appeared to be down.
try contacting your host and see if they can repair your database
What kind of repair is necessary (or what is broken?)? I have access to CPanel, which has a database repair option. Is that similar to what kind of repair you are referring to?

Edit: alright, I believe that it is a host issue now. A fresh install of MyBB on another hosting account on the same server yields the same errors immediately after installation. Thanks for your help, Proper! We're trying to contact the host for support. Any thoughts about what might be the cause?
probably, your host has some database problems and it, is likely putting bad data into your mybb database, is what i am guessing.
Which host are you using? Another user reported the same problem, at relatively the same time here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42492.html
ash.yu and I are on the same server. I'm testing some things now but at least we know it's a host issue.

Quote:Do you have the systems requirements list for this software? Without it we are
just shooting in the dark so to speak, guessing this applications
requirements. Can you contact the developers to get this needed information?
If we knew the server environment it required we could make sure that all
requirements are actually met.

Basic requirements won't do, need something solid.
Thanks guys, yah, it appears that bobbit and I are on the same box. Hopefully we'll be able to sort this out, because it was working before.
[Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Pages: 1 2