MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logging in and out problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

After reading the sticky thread, I did as it said for my browser, but the problems below still existed.

A few days ago a member complained to me that they, after logging in, had to click on a link in order for the page to display their name and control panel. They said that after logging in, they only saw the guest view.

I decided that their cookies and/or cache was having troubles, so after clearing those, he continued to have problems until just recently.

So I decided to make a test account for my forum using the 'create new user' option in the admin panel. I made a test account for myself, and tried to login. It worked. Of course, because I only use one browser 99% of the time (FireFox 3.0.2 on a Windows XP sp2 machine), I had to logout of my admin account on the forum to login with the test account.

A second problem occured, which I will explain in a second thread. Because of this problem, I decided to logout of my test accound and re-login with my admin account. But for some reason, after tying in 'admin' (the username I registered when installing myBB) and my password, it showed an error screen with the login and password field, and a simple message stating 'error'.

So after re-trying several times, my 'you have to wait for 15 minutes before trying again' message came up. So 15 minutes later, I tried to retrieve my password by clicking on the link when it showed up.

I went through the process of checking my emails, re-activating my account, and then re-logging in using the new password that was generated. But after using the new password, this screen below showed up.

[Image: RobertCitycomForum-Login_1230297-1.png]

Then after tying in the code, and pressing enter, it showed up again. Thinking the password needed to be changed, I did so and it showed the standard error page. Because the errors provided no information at all, I started to give up and came over here.

http://forum.robertcity.com
Installed onto above sub-domain a few days ago directly from the Official myBB website. 1.4.4

Also, when entering into the admin panel, and entering the same username and password for my admin account, I login just fine. Yet if I try to change any account, the login page shows (admin panel login).
Remove the .www from your cookie domain.

Then we'll deal with the other problems.
(2008-12-26, 01:30 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the .www from your cookie domain.

Then we'll deal with the other problems.

Removed. Then I tried to log in minus the www., and after getting a new password, it showed the same error page as above.
Login direct to the ACP first and change the cookie settings there too. Then give yourself a new password in the ACP.
Changed cookie settings. Gave myself new password, was able to re-login to admin panel with new password. Tried again with the forum, removed cookies and tried to re-login, didn't work.
Try the member.php file found here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706
It works now!

I was able to change my password successfully, login and logout twice, and register a test account and login with it.

Thank you. Smile
Good Smile There was a bug with the new security changes in 1.4.4, this has been fixed for the next release, I guess with the changes in that file. Glad it's ok now.
There are several issues around logging in to my forum:

www.hybrid-synergy.eu

1. Users automatically gets logged out (or so it appears).
  • When you then access one of the threads you seems to be automatically logged in as yourself.
  • Using the logon credentials simply does not log you in at all.
  • Using the Portal logs you on successfully.

2. Another issue that is happening more frequently. When a user access the forum from a favourites URL they often gets logged in as another user Huh and also have access to the private mail of that user. Once they access a thread the correct user access is restored.

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.
1. Your cookie settings might be wrong. See the sticky thread.

2. Are they on the same network?? That's the only way that can really happen.
Pages: 1 2