MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been searching but can't find what I'm looking for. Exuse me if this already exists.

I would like to have a custom field displayed over the post count, look at my attachment. Is this possible?

Thank you.
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Post Bit Tempates > postbit_author_user > add:

Title: {$post['fidX']}

above:

{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}

Change the 'X' to the ID of the Custom Profile Field found in ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields > 'ID' column, and 'Title:' to any text you want to show before the custom profile field.
Damn, that was a fast reply.

Thank you very much.
It's what I do Wink

Let me know if you need any more help with it.
Yes, it's 1 more thing.

I have 3 options on the thing I just asked to get displayed, is it possible to count them and show them under "The most users online at" on the main page" Let me try to explain.

Lets say I have for example the sex question. 3 choices, Male, Female and No comment. Can I somehow count what the users choose and show the results in the bottom were the The most users... are. Lets say there are 3 men, 1 woman and 6 No comments registered.

"There are 3 men, 1 woman and 6 No comments here on the forum" that should be the text displayed. Now, this is not the questions I want to use but this is just an example of it.

You got what I mean and it is possible?
That sounds possible, but it will need a plugin/code modification of some kind. I don't know much PHP but there will need to be some SQL queries, maybe something like this??

SELECT COUNT(fid3) FROM `mybb_userfields` WHERE `fid3` = 'Male'

And that would count the number of 'Males' that there are. I can't really go any further than that, but someone else probably will Smile
Well, I suck at php aswell so I will post another thread about this.

Thanks for your help Smile
Did this ever get solved? I am interested in this and to see the outcome.
(2008-12-27, 12:37 AM)bruuno Wrote: [ -> ]Did this ever get solved? I am interested in this and to see the outcome.

Err...yes... either look in post #2 or post #8 depending on which issue you're looking at.