MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would you purchase a theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OKAY, lets say you see a really cool theme. And its somewhat more "advanced" than a regular theme. (Web 2.0, requires template changes and lang edits BUT it doesn't mess with any plugin or MyBB feature. - Just a harmless cool looking theme.) And lets say its a sample theme. Would you buy any other themes by that themer?
Most likely I would use it as an inspiration and make my own theme.
If it's totally awesome, I'm all in for it Smile
It depends on HOW cool and HOW well-coded it is. If something validates W3C stands for HTML and CSS - it might be worth buying. But to be honest, I don't buy anything unless it's a necessity(food, drinks, heat, etc.). I prefer to make my own themes, though.
How much?
(2008-12-27, 09:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]How much?

That too:p Much software is over-priced(vB, IPB, do I need to continue?:p), as well as themes, scripts, etc. But appearently, in vB and IPB's case, it doesn't stop people from buying it.
I think the Poll needs to have a 4th option:
"No, it doesn't matter if the software it is for is free or not."
The "Nope!" one implies that the sole purpose of not wanting to purchase the theme is because the software it is for is free.

With that being said... I would only pay money for a custom theme, I would not pay for a theme other sites may also have.
Of course not, why spending money when we can make our custom theme in the ACP? Or even installing a free theme with nice templates and all that stuff, and if you don't like something it's pretty simple: edit it by our own (or if it's harder why not asking the theme's author?).

So yeah, I vote the 3rd option.
(2008-12-27, 10:11 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I would only pay money for a custom theme, I would not pay for a theme other sites may also have.

Same. if I wanted a theme made just for me, I would possibly pay a premium to make sure only I had it, but otherwise, maybe not.
well if it fits my taste sure i'll pay , but not more then 25 $Toungue the favorite price is between 5$ and 20$
Pages: 1 2 3