MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin and ads problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey, i have downloaded a plugin call weclome on index and it doesn't show after i have activated it and when i added a few test ads... it doesn't show too... help please.... my site link is http://chatters.fdns.net/forum
Did you edit the files incorrect?
Would that happen to be my WelcomePanel [Index] plugin? Or Michaels infomation panel?
erm, i didn't not edit the file at all, just installed it and activate

and erm, the welcome panel is erm, lemme go check... its yours.... heheheheh.....
ok. Check that it is activated, check if the settings were installed and check that $welcomepanel exists under $header in the index template. (do you know how to use the template manager?)
do you mean erm, i go to modify/delete and click expand on default templates? and then open the header file and look into the script for $welcomepanel?
hey, something wierd just happened.... after i installed a theme (mac) and the uninstalled it and the welcome panel was there.... lol.... what happened?
sounds like it didn't modify the template properly...
I had the same problem,
the $welcomepanel tag exists.. but the panel did not show till very much later =\
Ah. Yes. I forgot to mention. Its a bug with MyBB. After an upgrade (install works fine), its not assigning the templates to the theme correctly. So MyBB Default and MyBB Master are supposed to use Default Templates, but they arn't assigned properly, and so are actually using backups, which are never changed. So any changes made to Default templates wouldn't show on those theme. To fix, all you have to go to all themes (so the two default ones), and just update them. No changes, just load the page, go down to the bottom, and hit update.
Pages: 1 2