MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOW TO REMOVE the "Powered by..." footer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can i remove the "Powered by MyBB © 2002-2008 MyBB Group" Footer?
Yes you can edit the footer template but then you won't can receive support for yours problems!
(2008-12-27, 11:00 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can edit the footer template but then you won't can receive support for yours problems!

So HOW can i remove the footer?
Well. Lets put it.

You would be a scum bag to remove such a small footer. Your using FREE software, and it's not as if you would loose any traffic to your site because of the footer. The amount of time gone into making the software must be huge, give some credit Smile

Also, I find it quite funny that you would actually ask on the MyBB forum how to remove it Toungue .

OK, I have grown up now.

Cheers.
I want to edit this code and add nofollow to links mybboard.net . Can i do it?
Well, why would you not want to not link back to MyBB in the first place?
I think he wants to claim that he made the software by himself. Smile
(2008-12-30, 11:34 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]I think he wants to claim that he made the software by himself. Smile

I lol'd.

Unless his forum is full of 10 year-olds or extremely gullible people I doubt anyone will believe him anyway.
(2008-12-30, 11:31 PM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I look at this and laugh. Can you seriously be ungrateful enough to want to remove the Copyright?

As previously said, you won't get any help here if you do...

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Edit Template > Footer Templates > footer

Edit it out if you wish... and at your own risk.

He/she probably laughed louder because you went and showed how to do it, rather than just ignoring the post thread all together, just like all you others should have done.
(2008-12-31, 03:58 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-30, 11:31 PM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I look at this and laugh. Can you seriously be ungrateful enough to want to remove the Copyright?

As previously said, you won't get any help here if you do...

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Edit Template > Footer Templates > footer

Edit it out if you wish... and at your own risk.

He/she probably laughed louder because you went and showed how to do it, rather than just ignoring the post thread all together, just like all you others should have done.

Like lufbra said why would you even still reply to this thread telling them what to do? The only thing you should of said is the warning of no support as a consequence of removing the copyright.. I didn't only laugh at the person who created this thread but also the people who actually replied to the thread telling them what files they should edit...Dodgy
Pages: 1 2