MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Restoration issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I run a forum about the game Animal Crossing. About a week ago we experienced trouble and had to move to another host. I tried to restore the backup we had but I am getting errors. I uploaded all the default files then uploaded our old settings.php and config.php. I changed what I needed to in them.

Then I went to our new forum url and tried to login but I get this SQL error. I atached an image to show what I mean. I can log into the ACP though. (I changed the forum URL and cookie settings in the ACP also.)
[attachment=12180]

We also don't have a theme. I don't know what happened but our forums looks like this.
[attachment=12181]

I tried to be as clear as possible. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
First screenshot - the database is from an earlier version of MyBB and your files are 1.4.4 - go to ./install/upgrade.php to upgrade the database.

Second screenshot - CHMOD ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ to 777.
The SQL Error is fixed. Thanks.

I CHMOD'd the ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ folders to 777 and it is still showing no theme? Do I need to reupload the themes?
Try and clear your cache, Ctrl+F5, and double check your board URL. If not, import this as a theme:
[attachment=12182]
I get this erorr when trying to upload that theme.

MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.
Do any themes work?
None.
And you're certain the CHMOD are correct and your board URL is correct, no / at the end??
The CHMOD's are correct. What do you mean by no / at the end?

I may just start the board over. We didn't have many posts.
I meant make sure there's no / at the end of your board URL in your settings.
Pages: 1 2