MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (SOLVED) Remove Language settings options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Being that my board is English only, how would I go about removing Board Language in user options and Language Settings in the registration panel templates?

Thanks,
Gene
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Member Templates > member_register > find and remove:

<tr>
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_default}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > User Control Panel Templates > member_register > find and remove:

<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->board_language}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><select name="language"><option value="">{$lang->use_default}</option><option value="0">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>

ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Show Language Selector in Footer > NO.

Should be everything Smile
Wow Matt, that was quick, thank you.

Instead of deleting the code, I simply commented it out but for some strange reason, the option boxes disappeared but was left with "English (American)" in both panels (see attachments), is there a language string I should also comment out?

Thanks again,
Gene
Maybe it can't be commented out, never tried it... if you make sure each line that has a $lang anywhere in it is commented out, shouldn't show then.
Thanks Matt but crap, I really screwed up my member_register template. I downloaded a fresh version of MyBB to restore that template but can't seem to find it, any ideas?

LOL, I'm used to modifying SMF templates but not familiar with the MyBB templates system, I should have left things alone...

Thanks again,
Gene
All you need to do is find the name on the template list, click Options, and then revert it to default Smile

It'll be a lot easier if you just delete the code rather than commenting it out to be honest.
Edit, searched member.php and found "member_register", would that be the one I'd need to overwrite (using my FTP client)?
No not files, in the ACP, on the template list, find the name of the template you've edited, and it's name will be in green - next to it is a button called 'Options', and there, there's an option to revert it to default.
(2008-12-27, 11:01 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to do is find the name on the template list, click Options, and then revert it to default Smile

It'll be a lot easier if you just delete the code rather than commenting it out to be honest.

LOL, thanks, great to have a built-in "backup system"...

Thanks a lot, Matt, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Gene
All right, got it to work...

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Member Templates > member_register > find and remove:

<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_default}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>

removing the extra:
</fieldset>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
shifted the "Submit Registration" button and the footer where the language selection box was.

Cheers amigo,
Gene