MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Can't Log In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running 1.4.4. A new poster of mine has emailed me and informed me that she was unable to log in. It tells her that it is logging her in then takes her to the index as a guest. I was able to log into her account and my account on both Firefox and IE. I have had her clear her cookies and even use Firefox. She has informed me that this issue persists.

I have used MattR's "Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ" for my cookie paths. I checked the cookie generator to ensure that my settings were set correctly. My ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666. I have used the search function to try to locate other help, but have come up blank. This was a problem for her when I was using 1.4.2 as well and recently upgraded it.

Thank you for any help that can be offered.
What's your URL??

If it's just them, i.e. you can log in ok, and so can other people, it's probably a misconfiguration with their browser... tell her to make sure he browser is accepting cookies, and that any cookie security is set to off/lowest.
I PMed you my url since I don't want it public. I did show her the settings that you placed in the log in help to allow cookies. She told me that she followed these directions, but it is not working for her. I haven't been informed by anyone else of this issue.
Ok, what's their primary browser?? I'll open it up and look at any settings that may have an effect.
Internet Explorer, but I don't know which version.

Edit: The user registered another account and for some reason it's working for her now.