MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Usertable Prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change the prefix for the user table, and only the user table?

So that ./mybb has the prefix of mybb_ and ./omybb has the prefix of omybb_, however they both use the user table with the prefix of overall_?

I couldn't really see anywhere that would allow me to edit... but then again, I'm only new to PHP Smile

Thanks in advance.
I don't think so, no.
If you're only new to PHP, then I wouldn't suggest going through with this idea. It takes extensive work to many php files, but to start looking, take a look at ./inc/datahandlers/ and member.php. These create member details and retrieve them, so you can take a look at how it works.
If the table prefix that the database has is set out in ./inc/config.php, how is it possible to have more than one??
You can redefine TABLE_PREFIX, but it has to be done carefully to be sure that nothing apart from the members table is effected - or alter the queries manually to point to the right table in the right database...
Ah... personally it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, and would need to be re-done each time those files were updated...
Not really either... there's a hook (datahandler_user_insert) right before the details are inserted into the database for a plugin.

It's a lot of work, and from experience, not worth the effort... either way this isn't MyBB support, and more code modification. If the OP wants to take this further, they're better asking it at the Plugins & Code Modification section.
Thank you very much.
I remember doing this before, but I think it may have been PunBB Sad

I'll make a post in code modification, I didn't even think of that! *slaps forehead*
It shouldn't be too hard, should it? If I knew how MyBB handled how of defined it's tables it used, I could rewrite the code to do what I like Big Grin

I'm not noon with pup, just not kpro