MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help from Mybb Experties...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi!,
Still i'm not installed a forum but before i need to know about these...
1.if i type www.mydomain.com then need to go Portal page. & then go to Forum..(actually i need to portal - www.mydomain.com & Forum www.mydomain.com/forums)how can i do this?

2.How can i construct a Portal Page as a three coloumn.. i mean like this (pls refer this site www.anemanda.com)?

3.Can i insert Latest Forum Post to the middle coloumn in the portal page?

4.Can i Add Music Caps like my above mentioned site?(please refer that sites music caps)

Thanks
m@m
1. I'm not 100% sure what you want, but you can make your main URL redirect to the portal if you want.

2. Edit the portal template.

3. As above.

4. You'll probably have to request a plugin.
(2008-12-29, 04:53 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]1. I'm not 100% sure what you want, but you can make your main URL redirect to the portal if you want.

2. Edit the portal template.

3. As above.

4. You'll probably have to request a plugin.

in above no 2.. how can i Edit template as 3 coloums? need to change code manually?(oops! i'm not experties) is there anything in admin panel? or any third party plugin?
You'll just need to edit the portal template, change the HTML to have 3 columns...
Can you please guide me how to do this? step by step..
What do you want in each of the 3 columns??
(2008-12-29, 05:10 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]What do you want in each of the 3 columns??

Left Coloumn
-------------
1.Site Navigation Links
2.Forum Stat
3.Music Caps
4.Online Users

Middle Coloumn
---------------
1.Latest Thereds.
2.Custom Block

Right Coloumn
----------------
1.Search box
2.Login Box
3.Custom Block for Music Caps
Delete the content of your 'portal' template with this, it's about as close as you'll get...

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="20%">
NAV LINKS HTML<br><br>
{$stats}
MUSIC CAPS<br><br>
{$whosonline}
</td>
<td valign="top" width="50%">
{$latestthreads}
CUSTOM BLOCK
</td>
<td valign="top" width="20%">
{$search}
{$welcome}<br><br>
CUSTOM BLOCK FOR MUSIC CAPS
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

The things in capitals will need extra stuff adding in, and make sure the portal settings are set so that the things you want to show are turned on.
(2008-12-29, 05:43 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Delete the content of your 'portal' template with this, it's about as close as you'll get...

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="20%">
NAV LINKS HTML<br><br>
{$stats}
MUSIC CAPS<br><br>
{$whosonline}
</td>
<td valign="top" width="50%">
{$latestthreads}
CUSTOM BLOCK
</td>
<td valign="top" width="20%">
{$search}
{$welcome}<br><br>
CUSTOM BLOCK FOR MUSIC CAPS
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

The things in capitals will need extra stuff adding in, and make sure the portal settings are set so that the things you want to show are turned on.

OK... but here no middle & right side coloumns.. actually dear i need like this
[Image: 3ef08.jpg]
That's what it will do....
Pages: 1 2