MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing on a Windows Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried everything that was listed in this forum but am still getting a blank page after inputting the DB details. I was led to believe that this forum was compatible with Windows servers...was I wrong?
(2008-12-30, 02:52 AM)dreamerofwords Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried everything that was listed in this forum but am still getting a blank page after inputting the DB details. I was led to believe that this forum was compatible with Windows servers...was I wrong?

Did You Install PHP?
Yes, PHP is installed and working. I have other websites on the same server that use databases with no problems. The only other option I have is to enter all the information by hand.
Try this:
[attachment=12217]

This is a database as it is when first installed, and a sample config.php file. Upload the .sql to your database, and edit the database info to the config file. From memory, the login username and password is 'admin' and 'password' respectively.
I manually installed the DB and locked the install file. Now I get this message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1193 - Unknown system variable 'NAMES'
Query:
SET NAMES 'utf8'

This is getting completely frustrating!!!!!!!!!!
I get too many sql errors with this file plus it's an exact copy of what I already manually installed. I give up.