MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my new mod using ajax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have wanted to use this autocomplete ajax in mods but couldn't find a good way to implement it.

Go to my forums http://www.axbb.zeeblo.com/mybb/index.php
Make a new thread or reply in the "Test" forum.
Just type the letter "H" or "M" (make sure they're capitol)

Do you like the mod?
I can't see a practical use for it. If it was a techinical forum with certain phrases that couldn't be abbreviated like "light amplification", "dynamic processing" then perhaps. But for a general forum it might get annoying.
Don't know if you know, but after you've typed some text, you can't press capital M and get the autocomplete to work?
Well I know rap sites where people battle and they use a system that follow.
Like they have "Best Flow, Punches, Metephor, etc.

You can set it up so if someone typed "_battle" everything for the the battle voting system will appear.
That would be kinda cool then. Can you make it either bring up a list of options in a drop menu, or rotate through selections by pressing up/down?
I don't know how to do that yet.
This mod does have some good potential to become a great mod. Good work so far.
With how it is currently, it isn't all that good. Also, as pointed out before, you can't use the shortcut after text has been already been written.

But on a lighter note, that is some fast ajax (what do you use? Sajax? JPSpan? What?), and as Dale Hay said, it "does have some good potential to become a great mod. Good Great work so far."