MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning System Limits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Urm, loving the new warning system, only why on earth is it limited to three warnings a day ?? that seems a totally useless limit how do I remove or change it ?? I can't find in settings or warning system setup ...
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Users and Permissions > Maximum warnings allowed per day: > give a limit here (0 is unlimited).
Thanks Smile still though, why limit it at all ??
Because otherwise a user could abuse it. You have the choice to remove the limit, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'm a bit confused actually, sorry to go on, perhaps I'm missing something, but aren't warnings meant for admins / mods to give out to members, I really don't see how users could abuse it :s

I see that I can remove the limit, but with my current understanding it seems a useless instruction even if the outcome of the evaluation is false ...
Because an admin may choose to allow normal members to give warnings to help moderate the forum, but may want to limit how many they can give so that that don't give out hundreds a day. If you don't want a limit, remove it, simple as, it's just an option.
Oh fair enough, I didn't realise it was a feature available to normal users, that makes much more sense ... thanks for the explanation ...