MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Instance of the Same Plugin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I have installed a few plugins but have been having a bit of difficulty while doing so. Due to this reason, I have been constantly deleting the plugin files without actually 'Deactivating' them or 'Uninstalling' from the AdminCP.

I dont have a problem with re-installing the plugins if it means that my problem will be solved.

Please help. Thanks.
I'm not sure what the problem is, can you be a bit clearer as to what is actually wrong?? Are the plugins in the plugin list twice?? Do the effects of the plugin show on the forum twice?? What??
(2008-12-30, 12:56 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what the problem is, can you be a bit clearer as to what is actually wrong?? Are the plugins in the plugin list twice?? Do the effects of the plugin show on the forum twice?? What??

That's it. The effects of the plugins show multiple times on the forum. Thanks!
Right, ok, well you'll need to go through the templates, and you'll find the code that was added, but you'll see it twice - just remove one of the two. So for example, if you installed the overview plugin, it adds {$overview}, but in your cause, you may have that twice, hence the double.
(2008-12-30, 01:04 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Right, ok, well you'll need to go through the templates, and you'll find the code that was added, but you'll see it twice - just remove one of the two. So for example, if you installed the overview plugin, it adds {$overview}, but in your cause, you may have that twice, hence the double.

Can you please tell me where in the templates I should be looking for this? I mean I got a whole page full of different template sets.
Well I can't possibly do that as I don't know what plugins you have, do I?? If you view the source of a page, you'll be able to find the HTML for the plugin, and you'll be able to see what template it's in with the comments saying which templates are being loaded.
I am sorry to be a pain, but I really can't find the code. I can't even find the actual template file. The names of the plugins are "Colorful Announcement" and "Simple phpFreeChat embedder for MyBB".

Please help.

Here is the link to the website in case you need to get a clearer picture of what is going on:

KingDeForums.com
Give me a link to your forum then and I'll tell you what template it'll be in.
Please look at the previous post. I edited it. Thanks.
Well the board messages one will be in your index template, under {$header}, I can't see any signs of the chat one if that was doubled too.
Pages: 1 2