MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading via phpMyAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When I try to upload a copy of my forum in phpMyAdmin in "sql.gz" format, the Import tool continues to load for ages. I haven't managed to upload it yet, is this a problem with my host or my file being too large in size, I wouldn't have thought it large in my mind (not sure exactly in MB, but around 20,000 posts, 150 members).

Is there any other way to upload it, in parts for example?

Thanks in advance.
It's taken 5 minutes to upload a backup for a forum with 100 members and 500 posts when I've imported backups in the past, it does take a while. You can split it if you want, but unless you get an error message at any point, just let it load and go watch TV or something Toungue
Oh, so it's actually doing something? I thought maybe it had "forgotten" what it was doing. Toungue

In Firefox I get "Waiting for..." and in Internet Explorer I get, "Sending request to...".

How would I split the file? Would it envolve manually opening the "sql" file and messing with the contents?

Cheers.
Yeah as long as it's showing some sign of life, it should be ok. In IE, the progress bar may not move at all until it finishes.

Pretty much... open about 5 text editor files (NOT standard notepad) and then copy and paste chunks from the main one, into the new ones. As long as you don't split a query in half, or split it half way through creating a table, (i.e. just split it in-between complete queries) it should be ok.
Cheers MattR. Smile
You can also try Big Dump: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php
or ask your webhost to import it for you.