MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After installation, and going into the start page..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the page styles and effects are gone! All I see is plain white background with big black texts and a few buttons. I don't see the color, nor table nor anything. Does anyone know what caused the problem? Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
The CHMOD settings of ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are wrong. First, try and set them both to 757. If that doesn't work, try 775, and if that doesn't work, 777. These settings go from most secure (757) to least secure (777) so to try and find the most secure option, start with 757 and work up Smile
(2008-12-30, 10:43 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]The CHMOD settings of ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are wrong. First, try and set them both to 757. If that doesn't work, try 775, and if that doesn't work, 777. These settings go from most secure (757) to least secure (777) so to try and find the most secure option, start with 757 and work up Smile

Thank You MattR! I searched the internet and I guess it's a unix command. I'm trying to install the board on my own machine which is under windows XP.
Would you give me specific steps to solve this problem please? Thank you!
In that case, I think it's set out differently, so try... rwxr-xrwx (757), then rwxrwxr-x (775) and then rwxrwxrwx (777).
Ok I don't understand it.
But I guess this'll be too complicated for me.

Thanks
What it is, is some folders don't have permission to be written to. All you'll have to do is right click the folder, click Properties, or Permissions, or something like that, and there will be an option somewhere to set permission for read, write, and execute. You'll either need to use the numbers, or the letters.

[Wiki: HOWTO_Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)