MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS BBCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
vBulletin have one, and a lot of users on my forum are vBulletin users that have used CSS for their threads, so it would be extremely useful.

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who gives this a go.
what you mean? Something like
[warning]This is a warning[/warning]
?

if this is the case, you can create a new class style manually in global.css, like:
.warning {margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; width: 90%; border: Solid 1px Red; background-color: Darkred;
    color: White; text-align: left; padding: 5px;"}
.warning a:link, .warning a:active, .warning a:hover, .warning a:visited {color:white;text-style:underline;font-weight:bold;}

Then create a myCode for it with class="warning"
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-407...73934.html
I was thinking more like (copy/pasted from a vbulletin forum):

[css-div="width: 396px;"][class=tcat]~ Faint Brushfire's signature ~[/class][/css-div][css-div=" color: white;cursor: crosshair; background-image:url("http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm86/Faint_Brushfire/HaruhiCSS.png"); width: 396px; height: 223px; font-size: 10px; text-align: left;"][css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: solid 1px transparent; font-variant: small-caps; color: white; background-color: orange; width: 140px; height: 217px; opacity: 0.6; overflow: auto;"]
[h2]My Current Hacks[/h2]
Pokemon: Yu-Gi-Oh! Edition
Pokemon Azomite

[h2]Other Hacks[/h2]
Pokemon Sentra Journey's

[h2]I support[/h2]
Pokemon Netplay

[h2]Hacks that inspired me[/h2]
Pokemon Shiny Gold
Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers

[h2]My sites[/h2]
SAW Entertainment
Yu-Gi-Oh! EX [Coming Soon]

[h2]My motto[/h2]
I sleep all night, I hack all day.
I'm a Grammar-Nazi, and I'm okay.
[/css-div][/css-div][css-div="width: 396px;"][class=tcat] **SAW Entertainment!**[/class][/css-div]

Which would create...:

[Image: pcsig.png]
hmm, I´ve got it... this is high class BBC, I´d like to see a plugin like this too Smile
(2008-12-31, 02:47 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, I´ve got it... this is high class BBC, I´d like to see a plugin like this too Smile

Yeah, I thought it would be a difficult plugin to make. Glad you support it, Smile
Should be easy to make, not harder than the [url] tag... all it does is create a div or span tag with style="customstring" or class="customclass" just like how url makes an a tag with href="customurl". That's all there is to it.

However I don't want users to be able to do that... if you allow them to do CSS you can just as well allow them to do HTML (they can probably do it anyway with CSS :before and :after). CSS is a powerful tool, you can use it to break page layout and everything.

It would be better, and more user-friendly, to instead provide advanced MyCodes that do what users would usually want to do with CSS, i.e. make a box with a background image if you absolutely have to have one of those.
(2008-12-31, 03:23 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Should be easy to make, not harder than the [url] tag... all it does is create a div or span tag with style="customstring" or class="customclass" just like how url makes an a tag with href="customurl". That's all there is to it.

However I don't want users to be able to do that... if you allow them to do CSS you can just as well allow them to do HTML (they can probably do it anyway with CSS :before and :after). CSS is a powerful tool, you can use it to break page layout and everything.

It would be better, and more user-friendly, to instead provide advanced MyCodes that do what users would usually want to do with CSS, i.e. make a box with a background image if you absolutely have to have one of those.

Well, the way vBulletin have their tag seems to be safe. I've never seen any problems with it. I'd never allow my users to use HTML, unless it was very watered down. =/

A box with a background image is great for starters, but then you'd like (as shown in my image) a "menu-like" system with links, etc.
Not sure if this is against the rules but 24 hours have passed...

*BUMP*
And why do you bump this, exactly? I described two possible solutions to your problem.
Because I don't know how to do either...?
Pages: 1 2