MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Mass Mail replacements [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just did a mass mail at FinalFantasyForum.com (running no plugins) and used a txt only version.

Quote:Personalize this message:: [Username], [Email Address], [Board Name], [Board URL]

Now I just typed [Username] and etc into my email...now 900 messages just got sent with that as the username. Just now I realized the problem is that you are suppose to click [Username] and it enters {username}. I think the statement to personalize isn't very intuitive.

The old 1.2 mass mail said this:

Quote:You may use {uid}, {username}, {email}, {bbname}, {bburl} in your message.

So I don't see why [Username] is displayed as the link.

Frustrating having to resend 900 emails.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Revision #4301

This fix isn't working.

Quote:{username}, {email}, {bbname}, {bburl}
[Username], [Email Address], [Board Name], [Board URL]
Result:
Quote:admin, [email protected], Forums, http://localhost/mybb
[Username], [Email Address], [Board Name], [Board URL]
Did you run the task from the front-end or from the ACP?
(2009-01-16, 09:25 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run the task from the front-end or from the ACP?
Both.
(2009-01-17, 02:47 PM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-16, 09:25 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run the task from the front-end or from the ACP?
Both.

I'm pretty sure your wrong - It should definately work if you ran it from the front-end. I double checked to make sure all the strings are there in english/global.php
I don't know why but some language files were not updated. Everything is working fine exept the replacement of [Username].

Fix: Open inc/tasks/massmail.php and search for:
"[".$lang->username."]" => $user['username'],
Replace with:
"[".$lang->massmail_username."]" => $user['username'],
No, those were updated properly in the latest revision. You need to fix up your own local copy so it updates properly.
I know, it was a problem on my side. But the fix in my last post has to be added though.
(2009-01-20, 02:39 PM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]I know, it was a problem on my side. But the fix in my last post has to be added though.

Added to what? Only you had the problem, so did you post the fix in the public for yourself?
Pages: 1 2