MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White page displaying to some guests and users, while I can see it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I was asking for help with some templates here (help needed there also), and I provided a link to my forums, but it seems some guests can't see it, they only see.. a white page? Well I don't know what they see, since I can see it perfectly.
I also had this problem with a user (super mod.) yesterday, he also saw only a white page with.. nothing.

I don't know what this can be.. I only remember of installing MyBB SEO (SpiceFuse's one), and I think this happened after installing it.
If someone want to check it, here you go: http://planeta-playstation.com/forum/index.php

Regards,
Icy
Do you still have this plugin installed?

You can add...

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1)

...at the top of ./inc/init.php to prevent any plugin action to your forum. That way you can see if it is in fact a plugin issue.
It's blank for me... deactivate the SEO and report back when it's off so it can be checked again.
(2009-01-01, 12:05 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Do you still have this plugin installed?
Yes.
(2009-01-01, 12:05 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]You can add...

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1)

...at the top of ./inc/init.php to prevent any plugin action to your forum. That way you can see if it is in fact a plugin issue.
Yeah, but how do I know if it works for ALL users, since it only happens to random (not random, but.. someone) people?
I don't even know if it's a plugin problem.
@Matt: deactivated.
Now I can see it Smile So, obviously something is wrong with the plugin...
Well, define no_plugins, and we'll see if it is a plugin issue, or in fact, an issue with MyBB itself.

In ./inc/init.php, find:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

Change to:

define("TIME_NOW", time());
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

This deactivates all plugins on your board, allowing just the core files to run. It might be that the plugins are causing issues with the groups. As administrator, it might not effect you. Doing the above will find out if there is a plugin preventing the access.
So it works now.. but I still want something that make us (the forums) appear on Google or something.
Is the core MyBB SEO feature that good? (or any other plugin?)
We can argue SEO features all day, but in essence, as long as your forums have new content often and you activate MyBB's friendly URLs, it shouldn't impact too much in Google.

You can check the Plugins & Code Modification Section to see if there's a solution to the problem, or post a thread explaining that it doesn't work. Hopefully the author will see it. Smile
Also you'll have to make sure your forum has actually been submitted to Google (just makes it crawl a bit quicker), and maybe make a sitemap to help.
What is a sitemap really? >.>
(already submitted my forums on google btw, I did that before installing MyBB SEO)
Pages: 1 2