MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to set my forum so that accounts have to be activated by an Administrator. Under "Board Settings", I selected "Admin Activation", but I wasn't sure how I had to set the "Disable Registations" switch.

Does the board alert the Admins to an account in need of activation or do we just have to check regularly?

URL = http://nrioforum.ulmb.com/forum/index.php
No, don't disable registrations, or people won't be able to register at all..... you can just check regularly, or there's a plugin to email you when someone registers.
Thanks, Matt. Where do I go to access plug-ins?
Many thanks. Smile
I found exactly what I need at that link. However .............

The instructions for installation are:

# Upload ./inc/plugins/seta.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
# Go to your PluginManager and Activate the "Send Email To Admin" Plugin.

I downloaded the zip file from the source and expanded it. I found the file and tried to upload it but in the process the file was renamed with "[1]" following the file name and it does not appear in my forum's Plug-in Manager window. I can't see a way of renaming the file within the UnlimitedMB file manager and I don't understand why it's renaming it.

I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong, but I don't have the knowledge or experience to see what. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me. (I don't have any FTP software at the moment.)

Jacqui (NRIOPixie)
Ahhhh ... I found out how to rename the files and the plug-ins are now showing in the right place.

Many thanks for the help. I'm way outside my comfort zone. Smile

Jacqui