MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unread PM notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you haven't got the option, you've probably removed it from the templates..... there's no ACP setting that I can find, it's a setting in the UCP.
In your UserCP => Edit Options, there is a setting:

Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message?

Make sure this box is ticked, and the yellow bar will appear if a user receives a new message. That is, if the yellow bar is included in the templates (which it is by default).
I haven't touched the templates. And the strangely, the option is also enabled o_O

Now I just tested with the option enabled in my test svr. I dont have the notification.
I just PM'd you to see if you can see it.... Shy
Yes, I definitely can see it here! Smile (see my first post)
I though did a theme change to my test svr and then reverted back to default themes. Can that cause this from not working?
... riight... make sure {$pm_notice} is in your header template, after:

<hr class="hidden" />
		<br class="clear" />
		<div id="content">

Also try turning the setting off, save, and then turn it on again.

And if that does nothing...

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotice` = '1' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Make sure your table prefix, mybb_ here, is correct, and that you change X to your uid.

And if it still doesn't show then, then all the settings are correct but something is wrong with your notice.
That code is already there:
		<hr class="hidden" />
		<br class="clear" />
		<div id="content">
			{$pm_notice}
			{$bannedwarning}
			{$bbclosedwarning}
			{$unreadreports}
			{$unreadpmmsg}
			<navigation>
			<br />

Turned off, turned on.. no change :/
Ok, can you give a link to your forum and a test account, please.
PMed..
Works perfectly well for me. I sent a PM to myself, and it shows up. I've sent one to you, let me know if you see it.
Pages: 1 2 3