MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Forum not shown in list on moderation.php if forum not shown in jump menu [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you set a forum not to be shown in the forum jump menu it's also not shown in the drop down menu on moderation.php (e.g. if you want to move a thread).

Steps to reproduce:
1. ACP -> Forums & Posts -> *Forum* -> Edit Forum Settings -> Miscellaneous Options. Uncheck the option "Yes, show this forum in the 'forum jump' menu".
2. Open a thread in another forum and choose "Move/Copy thread" from the moderation options.
3. The forum you selected not to be shown in the jump menu is missing in the drop down list.
I'm pretty sure that's intentional - They use the same function.
(2009-01-02, 12:42 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that's intentional - They use the same function.

If it's intentional, it's a poor decision.
(2009-01-06, 05:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-02, 12:42 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that's intentional - They use the same function.

It wasn't a decision. They simply use the same function currently. It was an oversight at best. As it stands that's just how it works. If I didn't think this shouldn't have been fixed I would have marked it as bogus by now.
(2009-01-06, 06:43 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-06, 05:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

It wasn't a decision. They simply use the same function currently. It was an oversight at best. As it stands that's just how it works. If I didn't think this shouldn't have been fixed I would have marked it as bogus by now.

Then I don't think intentional is the correct word if it was an oversight, not a decision. Huh

Calm down, I wasn't having a go at you. Undecided
(2009-01-07, 07:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Then I don't think intentional is the correct word if it was an oversight, not a decision. Huh

I try to be as clear and concise as I can.

(2009-01-07, 07:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Calm down, I wasn't having a go at you. Undecided

I am calm Smile
Yeah my moderators noted this to me a while ago so I had to place the forum back onto the forumlist. It's inconvenient and I am sure Mybb Team will decide on how to deal with it.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group