MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, i transfered all my posts, users, and boards from PHPBB Into my new MyBB Forum

My users signatures come out like this:

[bd6qadjrn][color=#000000d6qadjrn]Frankie Le Gresley[/colord6qadjrn][/bd6qadjrn]
[bd6qadjrn]F[/bd6qadjrn]ooty[bd6qadjrn]F[/bd6qadjrn]ans[bd6qadjrn]F[/bd6qadjrn]orum.co.uk

In addition, all my previous posts in which i have transfered, if one has a link in, it comes out like this:

<!-- m -->http://www.google.co.uk/<!-- m -->

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That just looks like old phpBB MyCode, you may have to go through posts and change it... can we have a link to where it happens??
We were running PHPBB3, I have installed the forum on MyBB, My users havent got the new link yet, - www.footyfansforum.co.uk/forums is where i installed

Direct Example - http://footyfansforum.co.uk/forums/showt...php?tid=50

Direct SIG Example - http://footyfansforum.co.uk/forums/membe...le&uid=288

My main board URL Is - http://footyfansforum.co.uk/forum not forums
(2009-01-02, 12:52 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]That just looks like old phpBB MyCode, you may have to go through posts and change it

So just change it I guess.
My Total posts are 13547

I cant edit tht much,
Wat should i do? I need this sofwatre all up and fully working by Wednesday
The only thing I can think of is to revert back to phpBB, and then remove the custom coding, then try and convert to MyBB again. Not sure how feasible that will be though...

Have you tried adding the custom [bd6qadjrn] into MyCode? Just leave the result as blank, with a normal regex (paste what you see in the example), and hopefully that might work.

Apart from this (thinking aloud), try grabbing a backup of the SQL database, and then paste/open in WordPad or an editor, and do a mass find/replace.
**Have you tried adding the custom [bd6qadjrn] into MyCode? Just leave the result as blank, with a normal regex (paste what you see in the example), and hopefully that might work.**

That will just work for signatures, i need the <!-- m --> stuff going.

P.s. I have links on my forum linking to other topics, e.g. for help, view this thread by clicking here.

When i click that link in MyBB It says error page not found, obviosuly because its the wrong coding for that forum software, is there a way to get around this?
In addition, what about the custom profiles i made in PHPBB, Like, Favourite Team, XBOX Gamer Tag.
No answer, cant you assist me, dont you know your own software?
(2009-01-03, 09:47 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]dont you know your own software?

What are you talking about, you've been told this is something that has been carried across from phpBB. Unless someone else has any ideas, you're just going to have to go through and remove it.
When converting between forums, converting such codes is necessary as well. Unfortunately I have no knowledge about how the phpBB -> MyBB migration process works, and wether there is a facility to do this kind of conversation.

You could do it with MyCode, MyCode can also match stuff that is not [foo][/foo], you can make any patterns you like and thus emulate phpbb code with MyCode (within certain limitations).

However a cleaner solution would be, to replace old codes with new codes (or remove them altogether) in the postings directly, so users who use 'quote' etc on old postings don't get confused. You'll have to write a script that runs a search&replace on the database for you though I guess.

Although all forums work more or less the same, it doesn't mean that the data is interexchangeable between them, unfortunately. So such issues occur when you move from one forum software to another, and you may have to get your hands dirty to fix them.
(2009-01-04, 05:58 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]When converting between forums, converting such codes is necessary as well.

Ok, so, take this: [bd6qadjrn]

What is this?? How could that possibly be converted?? We can only assume it's a colour, but what colour?? And if it is a colour, there may be hundreds, if not thousands, of different possibilities that would need to be converted.

In this case, 'bd6qadjrn' is custom MyCode. I Googled it, and there was 1 single result, this thread, so this is something th user added.

Tom's suggestion of creating new MyCode with that tag but making it show nothing is the only really logical solution...
Pages: 1 2 3 4