MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 3.8 to MyBB ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I started a new board using vBulletin but is not a good idea because of spamming... Sad

I want to merge from VB 3.8 Beta 1 to Mybb. Is this possible ?
Ugh, there's a 3.8 now?

Anyway, we won't be supporting beta versions because of their tendency to change more then a stable product
Anyway, should I try ? Big Grin
Go for it, the worst it could do is just churn out a non working MyBB forum. As always however, take backups before you start.
Ok man, thanks. I will try something.
If you (actually spent $80 without using a warez version) have a legit license then goto the vb support forums. However I highly doubt that you paid for it and I doubt this community will willingly give support for illegal boards.

(2009-01-03, 11:29 AM)Acrono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. I started a new board using vBulletin but is not a good idea because of spamming... Sad

I want to merge from VB 3.8 Beta 1 to Mybb. Is this possible ?
Not sure scylla why you're posting such but I see no harm in the user moving to Mybb which is a free license. I commend him even if by chance he is using a nulled VB and decided to legitimize his site with mybb.

And you should be able to convert to Mybb from VB but I recommend you do it localhost from your system then when complete and working as you expect move to your host. It's imho the easiest method. You will be able to troubleshoot fairly easily.
Ok, I tried it, but I get this error:

MyBB needs to be installed before you can convert.

What should I do ? I have the mybb installed... :|

Can I simply upload a Mybb database that I saved before ? Without conversion and stuff. ??