MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Go to first unread post" Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I initially installed the forum with a SQLite database but later switched to MYSql and imported the data from the old SQLite database. Now the arrow "Go to first unread post" always jumps to the last post before I converted the database to MYSql although there are plenty new posts in the meantime.

MyBB is 1.4.4 fresh installation with german language extension.

What I have tried:
installed a second version with a fresh database and compared the tables. fixed differences in attributes an types
triple checked settings
tried different settings with gzip compression
-> no change

I have no idea how to fix the problem... How is the "Go to first unread post" system working?

regards,
Janko
Can you try a recount and rebuild?? ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > first 4. That might push things through and align everything.
This didn't fix it, but I found that the types und attributes in the table mybb_forums are still different from my fresh parallel installation. I will fix it and see if it helps..
I fixed the attributes and did a Recount & Rebuild in the ACP but no success. Is there anything I can try next?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the lastpost is actually got from the (prefix)_forums table. Take a look at this one and pay close attention.

Make a quick test post, and check if the lastpost values have changed in the table. Check the threads table next, and finally the posts table.
Could repairing that table do anything, d'you think??
(2009-01-03, 07:10 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Could repairing that table do anything, d'you think??

Probably not - Janko could try checking the tables in mySQL to see if any need repaired though.
Thanks for the hints. I checked the mybb_forums table, but couldn't find a difference to my fresh installation. The search for the lastpost id did lead me to the table mybb_threadsread, in which the index is missing and i have trouble creating it. ALTER TABLE mybb_threadsread ADD UNIQUE KEY tid ( tid , uid ) gives me 1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1.

Is it save to truncate mybb_threadsread?
SOLVED! Heart

I cleared the table mybb_threadsread and re-created the index.

TRUNCATE TABLE mybb_threadsread
ALTER TABLE mybb_threadsread ADD UNIQUE KEY tid ( tid , uid )
ALTER TABLE mybb_threadsread ADD KEY dateline ( dateline )

Now all threads appear as unread, but the green arrow does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for the support and leading me in the right direction!