MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: do i have to deal with mySQl, php server, etc AFTER installation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am used to forums like invisionfree where I can set up everything from my browser, with this i cant. The installation process seems like a lot of work, and i need major help like someone would have to do it for me and get me all set up, but before I go into asking if anyone would like to do that, I need to know, once it is installed, do i have to keep on going back and changing and dealing with mysql and th ephp server? Because those two programs are new to me, i have never dealt with them, sense I have been a proboards.com and invisionfree.com user. I am just wonderinf afdter it is installed if I do all admin changes through the admin CP (or whatever it is called on MyBB) or do i have to go through files on my computer and change stuff their, and upload, etc.
After you have installed MyBB you do not have to configure MySQL again.

I wrote a tutorial on how to make a database in cPanel
http://www.zeeblo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4069
Well, to be safe, back up your databases every 12 hours incase your database crashes and it can easily be restored. Also, if you plan on using modifications, then yes you will have to deal with mySQL.
nevermind then....