MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Force Users to View a Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Plugin Name:
Force Users to View a Thread

Description:
This plugin allows you to set a thread as 'must read' by your members. Members cannot view other threads before read this 'must read' thread.

Screenshots:
[attachment=12262]
[attachment=12260]

Download:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/force-user...w-a-thread
wow! you just maid this Big Grin Thank you sooooo much!! XD
fantasic Dragon fever
Nice and great job
Thanx again
Regards
naqshbandios_limra
Awesome plugin, great job, thanks.
This is one to keep and use. btw, do you plan a (or have one) plugin that forces first time users to view a forum (not just a thread)? I have a managment forum that I want all first timers to read the threads I have there.

Ori...
(2009-01-04, 08:55 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]This is one to keep and use. btw, do you plan a (or have one) plugin that forces first time users to view a forum (not just a thread)? I have a managment forum that I want all first timers to read the threads I have there.

Ori...

This plugin could be edited to work as you said.
Hi again. I did the changes but it won't show on the plugins list - I think I need a diferent "guid". How do I get one?
btw, I left you as the writer (I don't take credit for just, some, editing).

Edit: I did change the tables on your plugin to: 'force_thread_read_users' and 'force_thread_read_guests' . This is to use a diferent tables then the edited plugin. I use: 'force_forum_read_users' and 'force_forum_read_guests' .

Ori...
Very nice work, DragonFever!Smile I appreciate this as I have been looking for something like this for a while nowBig Grin
(2009-01-04, 09:48 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again. I did the changes but it won't show on the plugins list - I think I need a diferent "guid". How do I get one?
btw, I left you as the writer (I don't take credit for just, some, editing).

Edit: I did change the tables on your plugin to: 'force_thread_read_users' and 'force_thread_read_guests' . This is to use a diferent tables then the edited plugin. I use: 'force_forum_read_users' and 'force_forum_read_guests' .

Ori...

Hi. This isn't about guid. Probably, you edited somewhere incorrect. If this issue isn't so urgent, I may take a look later and edit the plugin as you want.

(2009-01-04, 09:49 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice work, DragonFever!Smile I appreciate this as I have been looking for something like this for a while nowBig Grin

No problem Tom. You're welcome Wink
Great idea for a plugin!

I suggest you to detect when the thread is edited and when the thread-id setting is edited so you'll delete all table data (force_thread_*). Wink
Pages: 1 2 3