MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logs last user in days later....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I am not sure if this should go in the "bug" section so mods please move if need be.
What i found is, i logged off my forum and shut down my system. next day i www.myforum.........in browser and it logged me directly in to my forum as the last person i had logged in as the night before. any ideas?

thanks,
frisco
I'm not quite sure what the problem is. If you have UCP > Edit Options > Remember my login details for future visits > ticked, it will remember your login details and log you in automatically when you next visit. Then it says when you last visited in the welcome block.

If that doesn't explain it can you be a bit clearer...??
Hey thanks Matt. Yes, i can be more clear. I never toggle the box to remember my last visit because i am the admin and i have created a few users myself to test out the features with the forum and the mods i have been adding. I know not to tick that because will be logging in as "them" from time to time. So, to explain what i experienced this morning I would have to say that i last logged in to the ACP of the site, i added another mod then logged off the ACP and I believe front end too and shut down my laptop. Got up and booted back up and decided to do a google search for my new forum (i have actually had this running a different forum package until i found mybb which is the best by far) and when my site returned in google, i clicked it thinking i would just get to the home page i noticed something. It did take me to the homepage but i also saw the options you would see if you had actually logged in. i.e. user CP, Mod CP, ACP...and it was true..i was auto logged in. Now, if i clear my cookies/cache i know it will clear that up but down the road i may have a user logged in at a public place and you know the rest of the story there.....anyway, thanks for the quick reply!!! Looked to hear back from you...

frisco
Well all that's happening is that you're being logged in automatically. I think it's ticked my default, so unless you went an unticked it, it will stay selected. Go into the UCP now and make sure it isn't ticked...
Matt, i am in ucp and where is the tick? I only knew of it from the front end when frist logging in....
oppss..sorry, I found it:::::[ucp]---[edit options] and yes, it is ticked by default..thanks Matt!!! Smile