MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A group as moderator in a specific forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Using a bit MyBB for a certain time, I have recently needed to use some strict permissions rules on a MyBB forum... and I can't understand how to do something.

After hours of searchings, I ask the community : Is it possible to make a group moderator of a specific category, forum or subforum ?

The "moderators" group allows its users to access the Mod CP, and "SuperModerators" group allows its users to moderate all forums, but I can't find a way to make something beetween this two types of permissions.

I think it's possible since it's something a bit basic, making a group as moderator... I am certainly looking for this feature by the wrong way.

Thanks in advance !
This has been asked a few times and the simple answer is no, but it has been requested as a future feature.
Hello MattR,

I am surprised it is not featured yet... I made it, in 2 hours and without having ever opened a MyBB admin file. For a MyBB developper, it represents certainly about 1 little hour, for an essential feature...

Then, thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Troll